Mahzor Lev Shalem
Help us enhance our High Holidays services!
Mahzor Lev Shalem, the Conservative Movement’s most recently published high holiday prayer book, is beautifully laid out with moving readings, poetry, and explanations, as well as transliteration. We invite you to support our Beth Meyer congregation in purchasing these mahzorim, which will enhance our Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur Services for years to come.
You can make a general donation to the fund or dedicate individual mahzorim with a nameplate in honor or memory of loved ones here.
About Mahzor Lev Shalem:
- Complements Beth Meyer Synagogue’s current shabbat prayer book, Siddur Lev Shalem.
- Published by the Rabbinical Assembly, Mahzor Lev Shalem is the Conservative movement’s first new machzor since 1972.
- Traditional and egalitarian liturgy.
- Modern translations that are close to the meaning of the original text.
- Running commentary that presents both a historical overview and insight into the meaning of prayers.
- Transliterations for parts of the service sung by the congregation.
- Meaningful supplemental content throughout, including contemporary Israeli and American poetry and prayers; classic piyyutim; Hasidic stories and reflections; and quotes from Abraham Joshua Heschel, Martin Buber, and leading rabbis in the Conservative movement and beyond.
- Abundant thoughtful readings that focus on spiritual issues and tikkun olam.
The book represents the best of the Conservative movement and promises to be inspiring and relevant for years to come.
*click the picture to watch a short video about the mahzor
Your support is needed!
Please help Beth Meyer Synagogue raise the money needed to fill our sanctuary with 700+ new mahzorim by 5781 (fall 2020)! For each $54 donation, a mahzor nameplate will be inscribed in honor of or in memory of your loved one and a card will be sent to the honoree or to the family of those memorialized. You can also make a general donation to support the fund. Please complete the donation form here.